Thursday, March 24, 2011

My Dream House

My dream house would be a farmhouse or cabin on a ranch. I want a bunch of animals: cats, dogs, cows, sheep, buffalo, pigs, chickens, horses etc... I also want to have a barn or two, and also a guesthouse for when my family visits. I want to have a few hundred acres of property which includes a forest/woods, a pond, a river, and a bunch of grass and trees and flowers and such. I want to have fish in the pond and river so that I can go fishing whenever I want and bring home some dinner. I also want to be able to go horseback riding a lot.
I want to have a bunch of pets, but I don't want them to run away or get eaten by coyotes because that has happened to many of my cats and it is very saddening. Thus, I will have a big fenced off area of the property for my pets so that they can still go play outside, but cannot run away and no animal can come in to get to them. It will also have a top so the cats can't climb up the fence and jump out. There will be no way for my pet to escape or get eaten or wounded by a wild animal.
My house will be very large and at least three stories, including a basement. It will have a bunch of wood fireplaces and also maybe some solar panels for a renewable source of heat. It will have a huge library with a ton of books (and also a fireplace) and possibly even a kitchen so you can be cozy and well-fed while reading. The house will have a large recreation room with the works: a pool table, ping pong table, weights, card tables, ect... There will also be an indor and/or outdoor pool and hot tub.
My house will be very comfortable and homey, but far away from everywhere else, even with a dirt or gravel road running up to it so people will be disinclined to stop by and so my family and I can live in peace and solidarity.
Obviously, these are high aspirations, but at least it gives me something to hope and strive for in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment