Thursday, March 24, 2011

A Little More Country Than That -- Easton Corbin
The first time I heard this song, I thought it was George Strait. Easton Corbin sounds so much like him! I am very glad that another awesome "down-home" country singer is becoming famous. Country music has been getting a little off-course with some of the new singers out there right now. The old ones are still good role models, though some of them, like Reba McEntire, are also leaning more towards pop music instead of country.
Country music is my favorite. I can stand listening to other music, except rap, if I have to, but if I had my way, I'd always listen to country. I never used to be into music. I got an iPod when I was a freshman in high school, but it stayed empty for quite a while because I didn't care much for music. It wasn't until I moved here to Nevada that I grew fond of country music. We went to the Reno Rodeo two times that summer, and I wore cowgirl boots, a cowgirl hat, and everything. From that point on, I was way into country, wearing cowgirl boots to school and around town. And I listen to country music whenever I can. I listen to it while doing homework a lot.
This song may be my favorite country music song because it describes the "country" lifestyle and also implies that all the other ways of living aren't good. I have been rather disappointed in country music because of the singers it has been putting in the spotlight, like Miranda Lambert, Kid Rock, Jerrod Niemann, and Steel Magnolia. They don't represent country music and have more  of a pop style which I don't like. Hopefully Easton Corbin and some other new country singers will get country music back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment